Hear what some of the Peace Play graduates are doing with their certifications and learn more about how this training can benefit you, whether you are looking to start a career working with children or want to incorporate yoga into the work you are already doing. Below is a video from Peace Play graduate Alyssa Cariani on how becoming a Certified Children's Yoga Teacher has helped in her work as a Licensed Drug & Alcohol Counselor.
By: Teresa Robinson, R-CYT & Peace Play Graduate
Vision boarding is a fun and creative way to teach children goal planning. A vision board is a collage of cutout pictures, words, and phrases that affirm or correlate to your goals, or anything you want to accomplish or acquire. Vision boards put the Law of Attraction in motion, which, simply put, is the ability to attract into our lives whatever we focus on. By creating a vision board, children create a daily visual reference to remind them of their goals and what they are working to achieve.
Though people of all ages benefit from having a vision board, this activity is especially beneficial to children because it teaches them how to look forward to what they want to accomplish, and provides a plan for them to succeed. Vision board parties provide a delightful atmosphere of bonding, self-reflection, and intention-setting. Having children create a vision board is a fun and creative way to get them thinking about and planning their future!
What you will need:
· poster board
· blank paper
· glue sticks
· markers or colored pencils
· other available arts & crafts supplies (stickers, glitter, etc).
To get started:
1. Have children sit quietly for a few moments to center.
2. Offer a brief introduction or explanation of the purpose of the vision board they will
3. Provide a sheet of paper for notes on what they want to accomplish this year.
4. Search through magazines; cut out pictures, words, phrases, images, etc.
5. Glue the cutouts to the board in any way desired. Be creative! This will be a daily
reminder of what you are working towards, so make it appealing to the eye!
6. Next, it’s time to state those intentions out loud, for the Universe to hear! Offer the
option to present their boards to the group.
7. Place vision board somewhere in the home where it will be seen every day (e.g.
hang/mount on bedroom wall, like a poster).
Vision boards are living documents and can be revisited/updated at any time, as needed/desired.
Teresa Robinson is a Peace Play Certified Children's Yoga Teacher, a Certified Yoga Teacher for adults and certified Reiki healer. She became a teacher in 2016, after the practice helped her overcome a long bout of depression and anxiety. A former athlete and lover of all things health and wellness, Teresa enjoys helping others find the balance between physical fitness and mindful living that works best for them. When she isn’t teaching yoga or helping others find their “zen,” Teresa enjoys spending time with her husband and their four children. Connect with Teresa on Facebook or her website.
Mother, Yoga teacher, creator of Peace Play.